Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blue in Akko








Akko was the capital of the second Crusaders kingdom. It is where Napoleon was defeated by the ottomans. It has history that goes back thousands of years and displays itself in grand underground complexes, gardens, towers and fortifications, so it's a bit weird to be walking around it thinking of nothing but Fleetwood Mac.

That's just how life works. My trip up north was initially planned as a research trip for several articles, it ended up expanding and turning into a small self exile. I needed to give downtown lover a bit of room to wander Tel-Aviv freely without the fear of an awkward encounter, and myself a diversion and a sense of distance. seperating is always hard, seperating from her is excruciating. I wish all my readers only the most lighthearted, beautifully tinted travel experiences.

No comments: